Simulation Software SCALA
The Leading Tool for Strategic Transport Cost Optimization through Analyses and Simulations
SCALA is the indispensable tool for companies and logistics consultants who have to make strategic decisions on transport tenders, logistics concepts, network and location alternatives. SCALA allows you to calculate, analyze, compare and visualize any logistics scenarios for the future based on real, historical shipment data and their extrapolation.
How Simulation Software SCALA Will Benefit Your BusinessSCALA imports detailed shipment data from ODBC databases, Microsoft Excel and from our transport management system LP2. You can then selectively manipulate this data in SCALA for various analyses (e.g. for introducing new charges, changed shipment weights/quantities or shifts in the distribution of destinations, etc.). With the included statistics tool SP2, you can evaluate, compare, and visualize any data, whether tender bids from forwarders or complex logistics scenarios.
Freight cost simulation based on historical shipment data
Informed analysis and comparison of differently structured bids, according to variable criteria such as destination zones, weight classes, distance scales
Simulation of logistics costs with changed output parameters
Freely definable criteria for data manipulation
Detailed figures and comparison provide you with arguments for tender negotiations
Support in strategy planning and freight cost control: relocation, reducing the number of service providers, comparing different carriers
Integration and comparison of different distance modules
Visualization of shipment structures in world maps and Google Earth
Individual and Meaningful Data Management
Use simulations in SCALA to prepare strategic decisions in logistics more flexibly, quickly, conveniently, and reliably. The technology behind it offers the necessary flexibility and integration capability.
Thanks to Flexible Technology
Organize Strategic Tenders More Efficiently
With the TenderingPortal, Städtler Logistik presents a web-based, highly efficient tendering platform developed as an add-on to the simulation software SCALA, which simplifies tender management substantially. This frees up the logistics experts in your company from a lot of administrative work in the context of tenders for contract logistics.
Modern web technologies
TenderingPortal is based on modern web and database technologies. You can flexibly configure the appearance, the operation, and individually adapt information output.
- Enables structured, verifiable document and information exchange – even in complicated, multi-level tendering processes
- Enables tendering processes to be structured as desired via a flexibly configurable workflow engine (e.g.: multi-level tender, required releases, submission of signed disclaimers, deadlines, etc.). Once defined, you can use workflows for multiple tenders
- Accelerates and simplifies web-supported tendering processes
- Guarantees reliable monitoring of all deadlines
- Validates Microsoft Excel files uploaded by service providers, based on plausibility checks (missing information in bids, field names, structure, etc.)
- Structures and improves communication between shippers and forwarding agents in the tendering process
- Keeps managers up-to-date on the bid status of the tender
- Increases data quality of submitted bids, simplifies import to IT systems for bid comparison
- Combined with the simulation tool SCALA, you can compare tariffs and create various scenarios for freight cost analysis and later evaluation
- Chat: case-based, interactive communication
- Nomination: intelligent filters, detail analysis and decision-making assistance
Succeed with Städtler
»In a Europe-wide tendering process, we chose LP2 and use the software for our self-billing procedures. We were able to reduce manual labor to a minimum, as the highly efficient system makes importing and integrating all tariff variants, including Siemens’ own tariffs, remarkably simple.«IT Information Services & Projects Manager, SIEMENS AG